- Change or Discontinue a Business
- Business Certificate Filings (DBA)
- General Partnerships, LLC & Corporations
- Record a Deed
- Record a Mortgage
- Mortgage Discharges/Satisfactions
- Land Record Forms
- Land Record Fees
- Application Help
- Firearm Transactions
- Pistol Permit ReCertification
- Pistol Permit Forms
- Pistol Permit Fees
Death of a Permit Holder
New York State Law requires that upon a permit holder's death, the decedent's estate must, within 15 days, turn over the decedent's firearm(s) to another pistol permit holder; a licensed dealer; or the local police department.
The estate is also requested to notify the Erie County Pistol Permit Office of the permit holder's passing, complete a Transfer of Estate Form, and provide a copy of a death certificate and information about the disposition of the firearm(s), so that the license may be canceled.